Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

How to Get the "Gunk" off of Your Curling Iron or Straightener

Do you ever get a nice build-up of "gunk" on your hair appliances? This happens on both my straightener and curling iron. I have a bad habit of using a lot of hair product when styling my hair and and the hair appliances take the brunt of it all.

Instead of waiting for the build-up to get so overwhelming that eventually the appliance just needs to be thrown away and I need to buy a new one---what a pain! I found an amazing way to clean the gunk off, and this is very easy and inexpensive!

Create a mixture of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide until it forms a paste. Rub it onto the appliance with your fingers and use a paper towel to wipe it off. Leave it on for a little while if there are a lot of trouble spots.

No comments: