Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Foods that Hurt and Help Your Skin

I was browsing around on Pinterest this morning and I came across this fantastic pin. I re-pinned it right away (for those of you who aren't on Pinterest, you probably think that I'm talking jibberish and that I'm crazy.)

It's a chart illustrating the foods that are both beneficial and harmful to skin, and I hadn't realized how much of an impact that foods have on skin. So is it really true...you are what you eat? You decide!

Food that helps fight bacteria which can reduce acne includes fatty acids (salmon, cod, flax seed, and almonds), whole grains (brown rice, wild rice, barley, whole-grain bread), vitamin B6 (cauliflower, walnuts, avocado, sunflower seeds) and any fruit! There can be some amazing snacks and meals from these foods, and putting them into the diet can be super easy.

Things to avoid include caffeine, sugary foods, processed foods, and greasy foods. Not only can these have adverse effects on the skin, but on the body, too!

No comments: