Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Foundation Mistakes

Foundation can really make or break your make-up look. When applied correctly, it makes the face look flawless. When applied incorrectly, it can make you look like a clown. I found out I was making some serious mistakes with my foundation, and because I had NO idea I was doing it wrong, I wanted to share some tips with you!

1. Ditch the powder foundation. I used to wear Bare Minerals powder foundation because it seems so natural. Powder foundation tends to cake, making your face look extremely fake. It can also really accentuate wrinkles and can dry out your face.

2. Use a primer! It makes SUCH a difference. Experiment for yourself some time when you're around the house. Use primer under your foundation on half, and just foundation on the other half. You can see for yourself what a difference this makes! Primer makes the foundation glide on much smoother and can make it stay on so much longer.

3. Please stop using your fingers or a sponge to apply your foundation. You can achieve a MUCH better look by using a foundation brush.

4. Don't apply foundation all over your face. It's not made to be a cover-all. It should blend in well enough to just cover the trouble spots!

No comments: