Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

DIY Color Booster for Brunettes

So many people prefer their hair darker in the Winter time, myself included. I always ask my hairstylist to add more low lights to my hair during the Fall and Winter. This creates a more dimensional look and is a way to change things up a bit. I would get bored of the same thing all of the time!

Brunette shades tend to fade so much more than almost any other color. The blondes in my hair don't fade at all. This is a DIY hair color booster that's easy to make and it really brings out the brunette tones in my hair.

You will need 1/2 cup of cocoa powder, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1 tsp honey, and 1 tsp apple-cider vinegar. Combine these ingredients to form a paste. Shampoo the hair, squeeze out the water, and apply the mask. Keep this on for 2 to 3 minutes. Drape a towel around your neck during this time, as the mask can temporarily stain skin. Rinse it out and style it as usual!


No comments: