Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Peacock Themed Weddings

Wedding season is here! This is my favorite part of summer. There are so many weddings to attend and I have such a blast spending time celebrating with my family and friends! Our fridge is full of wedding invites. One that particularly caught my eye was a pretty silver invite with beautiful blue and purple peacock feathers on it.

I've noticed a peacock theme trending a lot on Pinterest and from another wedding I attended this past Spring. This is such a fun wedding theme!

If you are planning a wedding and wanting to have a peacock theme and colors, I have some great ideas to share with you!

1.) Add peacock feathers to the bridal bouquet as well as the centerpieces. They are fun and inexpensive. You can get them at hobby and craft stores. If you look at the right times and shop around, they are often half off.

2.) Blue and purple look great together, so incorporate that into your bridal party's attire. You can alternate blue and purple dresses, or have them wear blue dresses with purple shoes or vise versa. It's so fun!

3.) Remember, if you want to go with this theme and don't want to go all out, incorporate it in small. Maybe you only want a feather attached to the program or invitation and want the rest of the wedding to be a purple or blue theme. It's YOUR wedding and that's the beauty of it!

No comments: