Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

How to Save a Ton of Money by Making Your Own Body Wash

I love having body wash in the shower. I am not a huge fan of the bars of soap. I feel like they are messier and it seems a little gross to have everybody in the family sharing the same bar of soap! Body wash is, however, much more expensive than a bar of soap. I do most of my shopping at Target, and they carry 4 packs of Dove bar soap for just around $4 while a single container of body wash is about $5-6. It would save a lot of money to use the bars!

I found a way to make the bars of soap into body wash. All you need is the bars of soap, some water, a cheese grater, and an empty body wash bottle to fill. Grate the bars of soap with the cheese grater. When you are finished, put the grated soap into a sauce pan with a cup or two of water (depending on which consistency you prefer). Turn the stove on to low-medium and warm the mixture for about 5 minutes until it is combined and the soap is completely dissolved. Pour the soap into the bottle(s) and allow the mixture to sit overnight.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With the homemade body wash from a bar of soap, I made it and it was a complete success :D. I just want to know if I can add gel food coloring to give it color?