Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Sexy Sparkle Eye for New Year's Eve

I don't know about you, but when I tried to do a "sparkle" eye in the past, I looked like a four year old who just played in her mother's make up. It was horrible and all over the place. Determined to master this look for fun occasions and nights out, I have learned a lot in the past year and am going to share what I found!

If you are just starting out with this look, I recommend a sparkle eye shadow with a more natural tone to it. Bobbi Brown has some great colors available, and my favorite is "cement". Start by covering your eye with a liquid concealer that matches your skin tone. This helps the eye shadow to stick on the eye better and prevents it from coming off onto the rest of your face, making it look like you belong in a Disney musical.

Next, cover the eyelid and a little above it onto the brow bone (but NOT too far up! See picture above). Then, take a dark brown if using a cream sparkle eye shadow and shade the crease and outer corner of the eye. After applying eyeliner, you can add a touch of sparkle shadow under it on the lower eyelid. Have fun with this and get creative!

No comments: