Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

You can be fat AND fashionable

I'm totally loving the fact that many "regular" stores are beginning to offer more fashionable lines of plus size clothing. Stores like K-Mart, Walmart and Target used to have very little in terms of fashionable plus size clothing. What they did have consisted of plain, oversized shirts, frumpy button up tops, and mom jeans. So, I got used to paying high prices for the clothing I want.

And while I still shop at Fashion Bug and Lane Bryant, I have also added Target, Old Navy and Avenue to my list. Target is carrying many more styles for plus size women now, and they even have a new line -- their "Young Contemporary" -- which is geared towards younger women and teenage girls. Old Navy sells a few plus size items in their stores, but if you go to their website you can shop sizes 16-30, and let me tell you, the clothes are AFFORDABLE, FASHIONABLE, and most importantly, TRUE TO SIZE (ladies, watch out for Target: their plus size clothes tend to run 1-2 sizes too small!).

So there you have it... for fashionable plus size, keep Fashion Bug and Lane Bryant at the top of your list, but Old Navy, Target and Avenue are also worth giving a whirl!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice post.!! Fashion Bug and Lane Bryant both are pretty nice stores for plus size fashionable clothing.