Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Where to shop for plus-size clothing

I am plus-size, but I am not frumpy. I'd sooner leave my house in garbage bags than wear some of the frumpy, old-lady style clothing that stores like K-Mart and Walmart carry. Since I have been plus-size for so long, I have definitely shopped around, and I know where to find fashionable and stylish clothing that fits well and looks good (well, as good as it'll look on a plus-size woman!).

For "junior" style jeans and tops, and the latest in coats and jewelry, look no further than Fashion Bug. They have a great selection of sportswear, casual, semi-casual and business casual clothing and accessories in sizes 14-32. You can expect to pay $30-$40 for fashion jeans and pants, and $25-$30 for fashion tops.

Looking for intimates? I recommend Fashion Bug for underwear -- boy shorts, hipsters, low-rise, bikini and thong. But use Lane Bryant for bras. They fit and look better, and last longer.

For slightly cheaper plus-size clothing that is casual and comfortable, Old Navy is the way to go. They often clearance a lot of their seasonal clothing, so you'll be able to find tops and pants for 50% off or more!

No comments: