Pages

Friday, September 12, 2008

Back to school time is here!

Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock these past few weeks, you can’t help but notice all of the “Back to School” sales at all types of stores. Be it clothing for your little one or even bedding. I mean after all, what says “Back to School” better than a new updated coordinated bedroom. I don’t know about you, but I and my three children have all made it through school, including college just fine without having new coordinating bedding each school year.

And, then school supplies themselves are like looking for that all elusive three leaf clover. Between my two sons, ages 10 and 13 respectively, looking for just the right backpack that conveys not only a sense of self but also sends just the right message to everyone else too. It’s unbelievable the array of both color and style out there. In my day, there were fewer to pick from. Yet, I believe it was easier to choose the necessary items with less fuss than there is today. Not everything is cracked up to be what they are advertised as nor do they deliver the inferred promise of success either. Just as in my day. It is especially true today, good old-fashioned work ethics count more towards success than the advertised promises we see today bombarding us from all forms of the media.

No comments: